Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm taking a break from the enviornment to talk about the Duggars

I admit I have a sick fascination with this family. It's a running joke when I talk I talk to my cousin from Arkansas if she has met them yet. (she hasn't but she wants to, it's like a sideshow curiosity we all have in my family) So tonight I watched there shows about how duggar's court, they don't date. They believe in saving everything even their first kiss for their wedding day. This is taking the purity thing to a whole new strange level.
As you read this I want you to think back to one of your first kisses. Was it any good, or was it and "oh my god this guy is trying to swallow my face". With those first kisses did you think "I wast to spend the rest of my life with this person". Or did you think "that was fun but Joe over there is cuter and I'd like to check him out." I feel if is setting yourself up for such disappointment to make such a big deal out of a first kiss, chances are it's not going to be the best kiss of you life.
If i was looking at this from what I wanted to teach my children, god forbid that happened, I don't think I could tell them to wait like that. You would miss out on so much, sure less emotional baggage is the Duggar thought, but also less coping skills if you haven't had to cope.

OK i am now done with this family i felt I couldn't ignore and will be back to making fun of peoples responses to relevant issues in my next post. Promise no more Duggars

No comments: