Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Healthy Eating Rebuttal

ok, whatever, at least I feed you, ya mooch!  The only meal I could make for Rachel that would satisfy her would be bacon on top of steak on top of a hamburger.  Hey, I also make really yummy, tasty food too.  Not everything HAS to be healthy.  See...feeding Rachel at my house is much like how I have to feed my 3 year old son.  I make whatever it is that we want even if I know it's something he won't like and then I make sure that there's at least one thing he will eat.  I figure I'll just keep putting it out there and eventually he'll eat it.  and that actually works.  his palette grows every day.  My daughter is a really good eater, loves all veggies and fruits and actually does like meat Rachel.  Steak, chicken, pork, fish, turkey.  It's that little guy that's a pain with meat.  The only meat he would eat was in the form of a chicken nugget or a fish stick.  He finally ate turkey lunch meat (natural without nitrates of course) and I have fed it to him almost every day just to be sure I wasn't dreaming!  This after giving him turkey sandwiches for a very long time.  So when Rachel eats at my house of course I'm sure that there's always a vegetable, maybe eventually she'll eat it.  and I always make sure she can pick around whatever she doesn't like.  I'm actually considerate and what do I get for it.  Nothing but grief!  It's like having a teenage daughter :)
Yep, I like to eat healthy and we all take our vitamins.  I also like to drink red wine in large quantities, love chocolate and caramels, and I can't even buy cheez-its because I will eat the whole frick'in box.  So eating healthy is just to balance out all the crap I do.
Maybe my kids will be healthy eaters their whole lives or maybe they will rebel and eat like crap the second they are out of my house.  I don't force them, they actually like everything they eat. 
For the record, quinoa and quinoa flakes taste good and even Jimmy likes it, so there!

p.s. it's "udders", not utters. ptttttthhhhhh!  very funny though...tiny almond udders.  teehee!

No comments: