Sunday, March 15, 2009

Playground Equipment for Adults!

(NO THIS POST IS NOT DIRTY)

Well it's Sunday night and after a fun weekend and reading Kerri's recent post
I realize I ought to put something up here.
Yes I have been on board the fitness train with Kerri but sadly I have nothing to blame extra pounds on except for cheese fries and funnel cake. Nothing noble like children. Possibly also doughnuts and M&M's. But i prefer my exercising to be more like things you used to do as a kid. I do a lot of walking, and once it warms up I can't wait to get back on my bike (nothing fancy, it's made by Huffy). But my favorite is my nightly half hour jumping on a mini trampoline. Nothing more to make you feel good then watching bad TV and jumping in you living room. Seriously it's entertaining, easy to get into and requires no special skill.
But my love of playground type things hit a new high on Saturday with the trapeze class. I'm not sure what it is about hanging upside down that I like so much. It was so cool, they taught us how to get on the bar, how to hang from it in some strange ways, how to balance sitting on it. Yes my arms are a little sore today, but really not nearly as bad as I was expecting. The bruises on the backs of my knees, no one warned us about that possibility, but really i just won't rest those against my chair at work for the next day or two. It was so much fun that as soon as Kerri and I were outside we were planning the next time we could go.
So 2 thumbs up on this one folks, I think everyone should give this a try (as long as you have no fear of heights, vertigo, or fear of looking a little silly.) Also if you go wear long pants, I think the bruises would have been worse in shorts!
OK on to the next class.

No comments: